7.18.2008

Dark Knight, Early Morning




So last night I went to the midnight showing of Dark Knight with about six of my friends. The movie is 2 hours and 40 minutes long.

I woke up at 7:20 a.m. today to go to work and still feel like the lack of sleep was worth it. Heath Ledger did really do a pretty amazing job as the Joker. Perhaps it adds to the creepiness because the whole time you watch him perform, you think, "wow, I just cannot believe that he is dead."

To clear up rumors for some of you who did not really pay attention, Heath died from an accidental drug overdose.

What I didn't like about the movie:

- Christian Bale: I think he sucks at being Batman. He has several corny lines and his raspy, forced voice gets annoying.

- It's LOOOONG: Probably a bit too long. For awhile it felt like they were dragging it out.

- Could have made the movie at least a little bit bloody, but I guess they wanted that more family friendly PG-13.

What I did like:

- "The Joker" was a great character, as expected.

- Some pretty sweet action scenes, original ideas, unexpected plot turns.

- They set you up for the next movie (I think). Who's ready for Two-Face versus Batman?


My Overall Rating: A

It could be because there are so many crappy movies coming out that this one stood out, but I'd definitely go see this one.

No comments: