7.13.2008

Aids Fundraiser: PLEASE READ

My friend George is going to run in the 2008 Chicago Marathon. He is doing it to raise money and awareness for the AIDS Foundation of Chicago. Here's his note:

Dearest Friends and Family,

You may want to be seated when I tell you this...but I, of non-athletic fame, will be running a MARATHON this year! That's right! I will be participating in the Chicago 2008 Marathon on October 12, 2008...running 26.2 miles! I am taking part in a six-month training program and I am running a little farther each week...in total I expect to log nearly 500 miles. It's all part of the National AIDS Marathon Training Program, which raises money for the AIDS Foundation of Chicago.

Despite recent advances in the treatment of AIDS, the epidemic is far from over. More than one million Americans, and 40 million others around the world, are now living with HIV. And the rate of AIDS in the Chicago Metropolitan area has jumped by more than 400% over the past decade.

The money raised from the AIDS Marathon Training Program will allow the AIDS Foundation of Chicago to fund direct medical care, food, housing, and other vital AIDS services — to help keep people with HIV/AIDS alive until there's a cure. This is why I am committed to raise at least $1,500 before Tuesday, July 15, 2008 (although of course I would like to raise lots more). I'm asking for your support.

I would be so grateful for any donation you can make to help me meet this goal. It's so easy to make a donation (so no excuses!), just click on the link to the left of this message. It only takes a few moments to make a contribution. Together, we can take pride in improving the lives of those suffering here in our community.

As you all can probably imagine, this is certainly the most physically challenging task I have ever attempted in my life - how am I going to give up my Saturday morning cartoons? But I am confident that with your support I can make it to the finish line. Thank you so much for supporting me in this huge undertaking. When I cross that Start Line on October 12, 2008 , with the roar of the crowds beside me, on my way to complete the marathon...I'll know that you helped me, and so many others, along the way.
With many thanks, George Pudlo

P.S. If you want to share this page with your friends and family (hint hint), after donating, you can click "Email this page to a friend" towards the top left-hand side of this page and this link will be sent to them.

HERE'S THE LINK

No comments: